Part 1- Gun opening
- Identify the 5 caps covering the screws and remove them
- Remove the blue tip with a screwdriver
- Remove the sticker covering the buttons with help of a sharp tool
- Remove the 5 screws
- Carefully separate the two housing parts while pressing the button indicated on the image
- Gun is now opened
Part 2 – Remove Screen and logic board
- In the following steps, you will disconnect the cables and connectors attaching the logic board. The cables are for the following components:
- Temperature probe
- Product presence sensor
- Trigger connector
- LED’s connector
- Injector connector
- Power supply connector Please beware of the conector polarity!
- Base connector pins
- Resistance tip connector
- Remove the logic board and screen to facilitate manipulation in the next steps.
Part 3 – Remove injector
- Remove the 2 screws in order to remove the injector
- Gently remove the 2 silicone tubes from the vial dispenser
- Extract the ceramic tip from the injector
- Gently clean the injector tip to remove any trace of dirt
- Add silicone to the injector tip as showed in the image.
- Insert the new ceramic tip. Be Careful: do not extract the ceramic tip if the silicone has not solidified. This could clog the outflow hole, thus becoming the injector unusable.
- Once the silicone has dried out, replace the injector, reconnect the silicon tubes, replace the 2 injector screws and reconnect the logic board.
Part 4 – Calibration
As the resistance from the ceramic tip is now new, you will need to perform a calibration:
· Room Thermometer
- Place the gun in its base until it is fully charged.
- Take the gun out from the base while pressing the right hand button (see picture on the left). The Language selector and Settings screen should show up on the display.
- Change the selection to “Settings” by pressing the right hand button.
- Confirm the selection by pressing the trigger.
- Screen now shows the default battery voltage preconfigured.
- Use the multimeter to measure the current battery voltage. Use the two buttons to adjust the voltage on the screen until it matches with the value measured on the voltimeter. Confirm by pressing the trigger.
- Next screen shows the default preconfigured room temperature. Use the two buttons to adjust the temperature until it matches with the value measured on the room thermometer. Confirm by pressing the trigger.
- Press the trigger on the screens that follow until you reach the home screen. At this time all the changes will be saved.
- Reassemble the gun by following Gun Opening instructions in reverse order.